- Read the rules of the beta and make sure you're fine with them: What is "beta"? What are the rules?
- Check if your vehicle is currently eligible for beta-testing here: What vehicles do you need beta testers for?
- Download the beta app:
- On Android: Visit the following link and click "BECOME A TESTER": https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.prizmos.carista (but make sure the Google account displayed in the upper right-hand corner is the same account with which you're logged into Google Play Store on your Android device). Soon after that, you should get an update to the beta version of Carista through Google Play Store, just like you get any other app update.
- On iOS: Visit https://testflight.apple.com/join/gIveBHOs and follow Apple's instructions to download TestFlight (which is Apple's App Store for beta apps) and then download the beta version of Carista from there.
- Open the app and press CONNECT. The app will ask you to send "debug data" from each car you connect to (just once per car). It usually takes between 15 and 40 minutes to collect debug data.
- All beta-only features are free. All released (non-beta) features are still paid. You don't need to make any purchases at all in order to try the beta-only functionality.
- Do NOT delete the beta app if you run into issues - if you delete it, you're also deleting the history of what you've done in the app, which makes it harder for us to help you with any issues.
NOTE: Do NOT send debug data in advance. We're now using a new self-service beta process where the app asks you to send debug data when appropriate. You don't need to do it in advance, just follow the instructions above.
Article is closed for comments.