Carista "beta" is a version of the app in which we test new features such as new customizations, new service tools, diagnostics, or overall support for new vehicle models before releasing them in the official version of the app.
Here are the rules of the beta:
- Nothing is guaranteed to work. It’s experimental. Don’t judge Carista by the beta. Use at your own risk.
- The beta is NOT a free trial. We do offer a free trial unrelated to the beta; see: How do I get the trial and how do I cancel it?
- Beta-only features are free to use, and you don't need any purchases to use them; regular (already-released) features are still paid, even in the beta.
- "Debug data" from your car is necessary so that we have a backup of your car’s data (coding, etc.) in the unlikely event that something goes wrong. If you switch phones or delete & reinstall the app, you’ll have to resend debug data.
- We require that you always use the latest version of the beta. Testing with an old beta is of no use, as we're constantly making improvements. There's a prompt in the app that will tell you when you need to update (and keep in mind, that may happen often - even every day in some cases).